Viking Bridge Internships
Viking Bridge Program:
Viking Bridge gives North Branch high school students a competitive advantage as they enter college, career or the military.
- Explore opportunities that prepare them for high-demand careers and provide an edge as they plan their education or career beyond high school
- Engage in authentic, hands-on learning
- Equip themselves with relevant, rigorous, and practical skills
Viking Bridge creates win-win partnerships between business/industry leaders and participating students; creating unique opportunities to advance their education, and earn industry certificates, or earn work-based learning opportunities in a variety of career pathways. Additionally, students are supported as they map out their courses to earn college credit toward both two- and four-year higher education institutions.
Length of Course: One semester or full year
Credit: One half credit per semester
Grading Policy: Pass/fail
Graduation Credit: Elective credit
Open to: 12th
Prerequisite: On track for graduation
Viking Bridge Assignments
Assignment #1 - Sign up
Assignment #2 - Job history
Assignment #3 - Job search
Assignment #4 - Resume
Assignment #5 - Mock interview
Work for Credit
Viking Bridge is built on the idea of finding internship opportunities aligned with career interests. Students in Viking Bridge are working to learn. Students can find their own internship opportunity or work with the College and Career Center to find a placement aligned with their college and career goals.
- Applications must be completed to initiate the process of being matched for a Viking Bridge internship. Pick up and return applications to the Career Center.
- Students must complete transportation agreement.
- Continuation in additional semesters or extended Viking Bridge opportunities is contingent upon satisfactory completion of all course contract requirements.
- Each student will participate in an orientation the first week of semester, signing a contract detailing requirements.
- Students must be in good standing at NBAHS as well as on job sites including attendance, behavior, and citizenship.
- Students will turn in attendance at job site, monthly timecards, paycheck stubs, Viking Bridge assignments, and supervisor evaluations.
Worker compensation contract
If you would like to get involved with hosting a student intern or participating in a career panel, please click on this survey (coming soon)